29th Annual NCSB Conference
New Horizons in Professional Licensure
View the Conference Brochure (pdf)
October 20-22, 2016
Drury Plaza Hotel
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Comments from previous conference attendees:
"After attending this workshop, I better understood my role as a Board Member."
"Our board is not the same today as it was 4-5 years ago. We have been empowered by the knowledge we have acquired from this conference."
THURSDAY LEARNING OUTCOMES: Participants will be able to:
- Delineate key components of laws, rules and regulations that govern the practice of SLP and audiology.
- Describe elements of the disciplinary process and application to the professions through participation in a mock hearing.
- Review complaints describing potential violations by SLPs and audiologists or SLP assistants to determine appropriate action.
- Draft a consent order and agreement based on an audiologist’s or SLP’s violation of the law, rules, and/or code of ethics.
- Engage in the process utilized in examining ethics violations as well as in reporting to the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB).
FRIDAY LEARNING OUTCOMES: Participants will be able to:
- Discuss the current status of interstate licensure agreements in healthcare professions, implications for SLPs and audiologists, and preferred future directions for SLPs and audiologists.
- Identify best practices for licensing boards as they consider diverse client/patient populations in their jurisdictions.
- Identify best practices for licensing boards as they consider international applicants for licensure.
- Describe ways to increase transparency of licensure board proceedings.
- List new initiatives of the ASHA Council for Clinical Certification (CFCC).
SATURDAY LEARNING OUTCOMES: Participants will be able to
- Compare recent SLP and audiology licensure board developments across states.
- State appropriate practices for discharge planning to avoid patient abandonment.
- Describe the newest updates to the ASHA Code of Ethics.
For event sponsorship options, please contact Alison Lemke at email@example.com.
(Conference Registration brochure will be mailed in July. ASHA and AAA CE approval in process)